Monday, April 27, 2009

Super Easy Yummy Stew

I found this recipe in Mark Bittman's column The Minimalist, it is incredible hearty comfort food. I used a little less water and a little more rice, plus threw in the last of a bag of lentils, and went with the garlic & cumin option at the end. Result: Thick, thick, nothing soup-like about it, yummy filling stew. I felt full after a few bites. Tomorrow I'll use it as a topping on salad greens for a lighter dish...


Here is the link to the full article.

I was so happy to come across this because carrots and spinach were about the only produce in the fridge I was afraid of going bad...we're going to Kansas City on Thurs. for a long weekend (to see Cake ! Please don't let it rain!) so it'll be an out of the ordinary food spending week. I am in the process though of looking for decent places to find food in KC if anyone has suggestions. Because I'm remembering our road trip a year ago to the badlands in South Dakota, while a fun trip, it was really hard to find fresh food and we ate at a couple horrendous places along the way.




-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. You MUST go to Succotash in the River Market. I live in Austin where we have a plethora of fabulous eats, but I dream of Succotash -- it is that good. It's definitely a hole-in-the-wall type of place, very ecclectic. Service is slow, but the food is so worth the wait. I only had their breakfast, but I'm sure the rest of their meals are just as good. If you are looking for a higher priced meal, Le Fou Frog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gnome - I looked it up and it looks like exactly the kind of place I'd like, and the River Market looks like a place we could hang out at all day! Yayyyy only 2 days until road trip! I've heard Austin is an awesome place to live, I would move there if I could, but all our family & friends keep us here…

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete