Last night I had a food prep extravaganza to get us started. We made:
- Sushi with Almond Ginger Pate
- Cauliflower Rice (This time with more soaked dates and Garam Masala - very good!)
- Zucchini Hummus Lite
- Cinnamon Raisin Flax Crackers (New Recipe - see below)
CINNAMON RAISIN FLAX CRACKERS (from Brigitte Mars at brigittemars.com)
2 C flax seeds
4 C water
1 1/2 C raisins + 1/2 C raisins
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 bananas, peeled
1 tsp. sea salt
1) Soak the seeds in the water for about 2 hours, and do not strain.
2) Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stirring in additional 1/2 C raisins by hand.
3) Spread the mixture onto three solid dehydrator sheets.
4) Dehydrate for 4 hours @ 110 degrees.
5) Remove the dehydrator sheets and flip the crackers. At this time you may also score the crackers with a soft table knife.
6) Continue dehydrating until they are crisp - about 6 hours. When dry, the crackers will keep for several weeks in an air-tight container. Makes about 2 dozen crackers.
My Notes: I upped the cinnamon to 2 tsp. and also added a tsp. of vanilla because there was so much batter the seasoning didn't seem enough. We dehydrated about 9 hours total and they were still soft, but not gooey, when I took them out this morning. I only tried a few bites when they were still warm and they tasted really good, I liked the raisins a lot.
ZUCCHINI HUMMUS LITE
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini, chopped (peel only if you are afraid of green hummus!)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 T ground sesame seeds (tahini)
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves
-1 tsp. paprika
-1 tsp. ground cumin
- Cayenne to taste
Instructions: Blend everything in food processor or blender.