Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 13 - Alright, great. But now what?

I mean, it’s great and all, but now what?

Somebody paid the piper and the cookie’s finally crumbled. So? What now? Yes, we’re all here because we’re not all there. No matter where we went? Guess what? There we were. That’s nice. But what now?

The cat was away? What did the mice do? They played. Fantastic. But, by all means, tell me what we're supposed to do now. Somebody died and made somebody else the boss? Really? Well slap my a$$ and call Sally. And when that fat lady sings into your receiver, ask her, “Now what?”

The cow peed on a flat rock, we sought the wind in a field, there were no athiests in foxholes, we couldn’t live because we couldn’t love, only boring people got bored, today will be tomorrow’s past, and he wasn’t a fool who gave what he couldn’t keep to gain what he couldn’t lose . I get all that. But could someone just answer me, before we’ve climbed so high on the ladder that the view is prohibitively expensive, what now?

I'll tell you what now:

CHOCOLATE PUDDING (modified from Raw Food Right Now)

Ingredients:
2 avocados
½ cup raw carob powder (or raw cocoa or raw chocolate powder)
1 cup dates
Filtered water to desired consistency

Instructions:
1. Put it all in the blender
2. Using our Vita-Mix, we pushed the ingredients down with the tamper while running it just fast enough to keep things moving.
3. Add water a half-cup at at a time until you're able to run the variable setting on 10 without using the tamper. You should be able to watch the pudding become smooth.

So, I'm basically eating chocolate avacados right now. It's as good as any pudding I've had, and I'm in disbelief that this stuff is good for me. I know it's good for me because Kelly says so. In moderation, she notes.

You'll also be happy to know that our cilantro is growing:



-Nathan

1 comment: