Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 33 - Yay Weekend!

My weekend started early last night with our book club meeting at Café Barbette. Two glasses of great wine, some pommes frites, and deep intellectual discussion about The Fall by Albert Camus. Ha, not. We did eat and drink and select that book (rather, Nathan selected the book), but I think only 3 of our 7 members really read it. This is the kind of book that people write papers on the symbolism, etc. etc….also the kind of book that made me glad I was an engineering major so I never had to write those bullsh*t papers. Sorry if I offend any comparative literature majors out there.

We got home by 9 and I proceeded to stay up too late having girl talk, another drink, and late night eats of (whole wheat) pasta and (all natural) spaghetti sauce with my neighbor Anna who might give the 30 day raw experiment a try. I told her I'd do it again with her and Anna, that wasn't just the liquor talking, I'm still in!

So I wasn't very hungry today and just had a banana and tea for breakfast and a salad for lunch. It's a quarter to 4 here and I can't wait to get home and nap before we go celebrate Nathan's sister's b-day at the best bar ever, otherwise known as the U Otter Stop Inn. Happy Birthday Katie!!

Days gone by at the Otter:



And happy weekend everyone, hopefully I'll get around to making some new raw stuff this weekend so I can actually post something informative besides book recommendations on this blog…..next we are reading my pick, one of my favorites since I first read it in 8th grade, Ender's Game. Read it!

Cheers,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment