Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 32 - Recipe Updates and a Thank You

I want to publicly say thank you to my wonderful husband Nathan for doing this raw foods experiment with me. When I suggested it, I did so casually, expecting a scoffing "no way". This is not his type of thing. But he knew I was having a hard winter and wanted to support me and help cheer me up, so he went along and not even reluctantly, he threw himself into it and was very dedicated to the experiment.

The seriousness of his post yesterday really surprised me, I never thought any real change would come of this, I was just curious about all the reported health benefits and wanted to get back to my pre-winter weight (and didn't want tempting food in the house if he wasn't doing it with me!)

So it just goes to show 30 days can make a lasting difference, even for the skeptical, please share this with anyone you know who could benefit, and support those who are trying to make a positive change in their lives.

********

Recipe Updates:

I made another batch of the Banana Bread using a little more banana and dates, and dehydrating at 110 degrees for about 7 hours. It turned out better, less spicy and softer, but I'd try for even softer & still more banana flavor next time. Also I used 2 frozen and 1 large unfrozen banana.

I also made another batch of Zucchini Hummus, this is turning into one of my favorites. This time I used about 2 1/2 cups of zucchini, 2 T of tahini, and 2 T of olive oil to lighten it up. I even left the skin on one zucchini. Result: Still good. Less rich and with a slight green color from the skin, but good. It's been keeping me really full as a dip for celery and carrot sticks. I'll have to post a revised "light" recipe in the recipes section soon.

-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly and Nathan!

    Just browsed through your blog and it is funny, informative and definately lives up to its name (real people).

    I wish you good luck on your continued journey and hope that you will keep on blogging (and keeping it real) :D

    Best regards from Iceland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iceland!

    Strange our friends were just telling us about their trip to Iceland at book club last night...

    Anyway thank you and glad you found us, spread the word ;-)

    K

    ReplyDelete