Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 9 - Getting back on the wagon?

I'm not quite sure how that saying goes, but if off the wagon = not following the guidelines of this experiment, then last night we were off the wagon.

Our office happy hour at Restaurant Max started at 4 p.m., and after my second vodka diet coke, I was not refusing when the plate of fries came my way. It honestly was more wanting something to soak up the alcohol than lack of willpower.

By 7 I was in full on party mode, so Nathan agreed to take me to the Red Stag (I'm sure I didn't have to twist his arm, they serve Surly there). We had free drink tokens (thanks Ted!), but I could only take a few sips of my extremely strong vodka something or other martini. Our appetizers were cooked but still pretty healthy - collard greens and root vegetables. But, this was not filling enough for me and I insisted we stop at Lunds to get the ingredients for probably my favorite drunk food - grilled egg and cheese sandwiches. So, day 8 ends with me drunkenly eating my sandwich on Ezekiel sprouted bread while watching reruns of Sex and the City.

No regrets though, it was really fun and I'm looking forward to continuing the experiment with one important lesson learned: Drinking while raw hits harder than usual!

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment