Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Green Smoothie Breath?

This has been on my mind for awhile, don't know why it's taken so long for me to post about it…. I haven't been making green smoothies lately, in a large part due to Nathan telling me that they give me awful sour bad breath after just a few sips and he can smell it when I'm just sitting next to him in the car.


I can tell they do leave a sort of sour aftertaste in my mouth, but it didn't seem unpleasant….

So has anyone else had problems with this? I posted the same question on a raw foods forum and only one person said she thought adding bananas was the problem….but….I love bananas and they are so good at balancing the "green" flavors…

K

4 comments:

  1. No, but we always have the same kind on the days we have smoothies - so maybe we just don't notice the terrible breath, and nobody at the office tells us??? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm…. It could just be some weird mouth chemistry thing of mine! I think we make the same kinds of smoothies too, pretty ordinary ones….

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the problem every time. I'm Using Kale in mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife and I use the following recipe:
    5 bananas
    2 mangoes
    1 1/2 cup kale

    Our breath is very Strong and sour sometimes but we continue because we feel awesome! We would love to lose the bad breath though if any has any ideas!

    ReplyDelete